When visiting the Sachsenhausen Memorial,
you can choose between different educational offers:
- Two hour general tours or tours focusing on a particular theme offered in a number of languages.
- Thought provoking short formats e.g. as part of self-guided tours.
- An audio guided tour offered in many languages which can be borrowed from the Visitors Centre.
- Study days with a focus on methodology or themes. As part of a study day, groups can explore the everyday life of inmates with the help of such things as inmates’ drawings and other resources. For in-depth study days, there is a wide spectrum of topics on the historical site or on individual groups of inmates.
- Seminars and projects lasting several days such as research projects on satellite camps or accompanying memorial events. For seminars held over several days, an educational approach incorporating art or media can be selected.
- International youth meetings and work camps.
- Many of the multi-day programmes are held at the International Youth Center “House Szczypiorski”.
For those needing assistance with access, individual support is provided by the education services department.